Climates is a non-profit organisation that is building a network of volunteers, supporters, communities and businesses across Australia and Pacific Island countries.
Our vision is an empowered Oceania working together towards a sustainable future in the face of climate change.
In pursuit of our vision, we work with communities across The Pacific to implement projects that help realise local visions of climate resilience; and facilitate partnerships that mobilise financial, material and human resources in support of community-led action on climate change.
We want to see communities become more resilient to the increasingly complex and devastating impacts of climate change.
We support community-driven responses to climate change across The Pacific.
Climates has three focus and activity areas:
- Supporting our partners in the Pacific with access to funds through crowdfunding and grant provision
- Elevating Australian and Pacific voices, experiences and stories on climate change, climate action and climate justice
- Supporting Pacific resilience through capacity-building and research activities for and with our Pacific partners
Climates is based in Naarm (Melbourne), Australia – but our focus is on the Pacific Islands where we have been working for over five years. We collaborate with Pacific peoples and organisations to elevate the voices of those who experience the most significant consequences of climate change and are taking action in the region.
- Climates’ ServicesClimates’ has officially launched its Services! Climates offer two free services remotely to our partners to increase their capacity to support communities in theContinue reading “Climates’ Services”
- Climates Micro Grants Pilot Round Now OpenClimates’ Micro Grants Pilot round is now open (as of May 31)! Pacific-based climate change or environmental NGOs, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), individuals andContinue reading “Climates Micro Grants Pilot Round Now Open”
- We’re fundraising!Climates is launching a Micro-Grants programme! 2021 is shaping up to be a big year for Climates! One project we’re excited to announce isContinue reading “We’re fundraising!”
- Climates and 350 Pacific sign MOUOn August 21st Climates and 350 Pacific formalised our working relationship (‘Climateship’) by signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). Our organisations have been matesContinue reading “Climates and 350 Pacific sign MOU”
- Cyclone Harold Relief AppealIn June 2020 Climates raised over $3,000 to help rebuild a Women’s Centre on Pentecost Island, Vanuatu, that was flattened by Tropical Cyclone HaroldContinue reading “Cyclone Harold Relief Appeal”
- 350 Pacific Pawa Up GrantIn June 2020, Climates provided funding to 350 Pacific to support participants of their climate leadership fellowship Pacific Pawa Up 2020. The funding willContinue reading “350 Pacific Pawa Up Grant”
- Breaking News UpdatesClimates provides a feed of the latest news on climate change issues across Oceania. From breaking news, to unmissable events, the latest reports, engagingContinue reading “Breaking News Updates”
- Fresh Perspectives PanelsA series of five panel discussions organised by Climates to bring fresh perspectives to the climate discussion, from reshaping the private sector to women leading change, and intergenerational equity, climate justice and faith, spirituality and values.
- Anote Tong Speaking TourIn 2018, the former President of Kiribati visited Sydney and Melbourne for a series of inspiring live interviews and keynote addresses, supported by climates.Continue reading “Anote Tong Speaking Tour”
- Rise For Pacific Pawa TalanoaIn September 2018, The Pacific Climate Warriors, a branch of 350.org Pacific, hosted a panel in Melbourne. The sessions invited young Pacific people toContinue reading “Rise For Pacific Pawa Talanoa”